Sales Development Rep (SDR)
Who We Are
Oneiric is a sporting goods start-up based in Toronto that develops innovative base layer apparel for hockey players. We’ve experienced incredible growth in our first year of business – now in over 40 stores across Canada, national press coverage, and landed a deal on Season 11’s Dragons’ Den! We have big plans to expand our product lines into other sports and are looking for teammates to grow with us.
The Sales Development Rep is a 3-month summer contract opportunity (June to September) that has the potential to turn into a full-time position. This role mostly encompasses creating revenue opportunities through sales activities, but since we are a start-up, the SDR will get to dabble in marketing, operations, and several other areas of the business. We’re a very small team looking for a passionate, enthusiastic individual to join us in creating amazing hockey equipment to improve the game we all love!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience in business or marketing
- 1-2 years of customers service or sales experience
- Killer interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, confident, and a self-starting individual who is excited to learn and try new things
- Loves to laugh, entrepreneurial, and motivated by challenge
- Experience working with CRM software is not necessary, but a bonus
- Grit and perseverance is a must. The start-up life is challenging, but rewarding in so many ways
- Must be a current or former hockey player and have a passion for the game
SOME (BUT DEFINITELY NOT ALL!) OF THE STUFF YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Actively participate in store demos around the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to help push sell-through in retail environments
- Prospect, qualify, and convert leads within our target market
- Create revenue opportunities in your territory by outbound lead generation (cold calling), scheduling meetings, and visiting prospective customers
- Online marketing activities including content creation and social media management
- Assist in customer fulfillment and shipping of orders
- Provide customer service support
If you want autonomy, are curious and love learning new things, and want to help build Oneiric into a highly successful sports brand then come join us!
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking on 'apply' below.
Please include "Sales Development Rep" in the subject line.
University and college students are welcome to apply!
Having a car is recommended, but not necessary.
Compensation is a fixed salary (TBD based on experience) and a commission structure.